scroll

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Itty Bitty Pity Party

Wow! I just checked out our agency's parent profiles and four couples have recently adopted. I'm happy for all of them but really thought we would be one of those couples, given eMom's original due date. It makes me feel a little sad for myself to realize that some of the women were able to celebrate Mother's Day as a new mom. This is something I had hoped to experience this year too. I know I shouldn't feel this way because we were chosen by our eMom and her baby could be born any day now. It's just tough. For those of you still waiting, you know what I mean. I try to get out of the house a few times a week to keep myself occupied. However, my favorite place to hang is Rittenhouse Square, a large park in Center City Phila, which is always full of babies, children, and pregnant women. There's no getting away from them :)

So here I am with two weeks more of waiting and crossing my fingers that eMom delivers early. Part of the reason I'm so anxious for the baby to arrive is that I've been unemployed since Sept 2009 and my unemployment is exhausted in August. I'm hoping that I'll get an extension and will have a few more weeks/months of being a stay-at-home mom (sahm). I've been looking for work and applying here and there but I will definitely need to get to work if my unemployment is discontinued. All I can say is yikes!

1 comment:

Contumacy Singh said...

Time for an update. :D